The short version: e-mail me!
Undergraduate and Masters students
If you are a current Stanford undergraduate or MS student interested in gaining research experience at the intersection of remote sensing and earth system science, send me an e-mail at email@example.com. We can talk about several project options to find one that would interest you.
Prospective PhD students
Prospective students wishing to pursue a PhD in our group are encouraged to e-mail Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a CV. Students should apply to the PhD program in Earth System Science. The deadline for the program is in early December. Please mention that you are interested in working with me on your application - this will help the evaluation process. Either before or during their tenure at Stanford, students are encouraged to apply for national fellowships. Students with strong quantitative backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Please note that I do not accept terminal MS students in my group.
Prospective Postdoctoral fellows
While there is currently no funding to take new postdocs in the lab, this can change quickly. If you think our group and your background would be a good fit, please email Alex at email@example.com with a CV and a description of your research interests.
Stanford has a university-wide competitive postdoctoral fellowship program, the Stanford Science Fellows. The next deadline is in November 2019.
We can also help you apply for competitive national felllowships, including but not limited to:
- NSF Earth Science postdoctoral fellowships (next deadline October 2020)
- NOAA Climate and Global Change fellowship (next deadline January 2021)
- L'Oreal USA for Women in Science fellowship (next deadline February 2021)
- James S. McDonnel Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship in Complex System Science (next deadline June 2020)
- USDA AFRI Postdoctoral Fellowship (next deadline: June 2020)